SJCOG staff have prepared a website in Community Pulse with charts and maps that show COVID-19 impacts on San Joaquin County (as of late July/early August 2020). By looking at the pages in the website, you can find out:
- The geographic distribution of COVID-19 cases and deaths.
- Extent of COVID-19 impacts on age and racial/ethnic groups.
- The difference in income levels and racial/ethnic composition between areas with the highest rates of COVID-19 deaths and areas with the lowest rates.
- Job sectors that have been most impacted by COVID-19 in terms of layoffs.
- Job sectors with employees that are most vulnerable to COVID-19 (due to the nature of the jobs) and the racial/ethnic composition of those sectors.
- The death rates of counties in California and counties with higher rates than the state average.
If you have any questions about this website, please contact Tim Kohaya, Senior Regional Planner at (209) 235-0389 or email@example.com.