Caltrans District 10, in partnership with SJCOG and the City of Manteca, is holding a Public Information Meeting to discuss the State Route 99/120 Interchange Improvements project.
The project proposes to reconstruct the existing State Route (SR)-99/120 interchange. Options being considered include the following:
• Add an additional lane to increase capacity on two connector ramps – eastbound SR-120 to southbound SR-99 and northbound SR-99 to westbound SR-120
• Add auxiliary lanes on SR-99 and SR-120 to improve merging traffic movements
• Upgrade the existing interchange ramps at Austin Road
• Replace the Austin Road structure over SR-99 with a four-lane structure over both SR-99 and the Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR)
• Relocate the existing at-grade crossing of the UPRR tracks at Austin Road to a new connector road from Austin Road to Moffat Boulevard
• Relocate the frontage road along the east side of SR-99 from Austin Road for approximately 0.8 miles, and
• Install new signals/lighting improvements
The project is not yet fully funded and will need to be constructed in phases. The available funding is from a combination of funds—state [Proposition 1B, Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017 (SB1), State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP)], federal, and local.
Public Information Meeting
Date: Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Time: 5:00 p.m .to 8:00 p.m. (open house format)
Place: Manteca Transit Center (220 Moffat Boulevard, Manteca)
Project engineers and other members of the project team will be on hand during the meeting to answer questions and provide additional information about the project. Caltrans will consider the comment submitted in the development of project alternatives. Once alternatives are developed, Caltrans will proceed with the engineering and environmental analysis for the project.
Comments and questions can be emailed or sent to:
SR-99/SR-120 Interchange Improvements
P.O. Box 4436
Stockton, CA 95204
– OR –
Caltrans District 10 Public Information Office
Greg Lawson, PIO
1976 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
Stockton, CA 95205
More information about the public meeting can be obtained by calling the project hotline at (209) 464-4350, Ext. 1.