Regional Active Transportation Program Call for Projects
The California Transportation Commission (CTC) adopted the Final 2023 Active Transportation Program (ATP) Cycle 6 Guidelines on March 16-17, 2022, and announced a Call for Projects with applications due June 15, 2022. For more information, please visit Caltrans ATP Cycle 6 website page.
ATP Cycle 6 Application and Resources
SJCOG staff has prepared a supplemental application for the Regional Call for Projects, ATP Cycle 6. Below is the application and other resources.
- Supplemental Application
- Draft Guidelines
- ATP Plan Scoring Rubric
- Non-Infrastructure Scoring Rubric
- Small Infrastructure Scoring Rubric
- Medium Infrastructure Scoring Rubric
- Large Infrastructure Scoring Rubric
ATP Cycle 5 Results
In March 2021, the SJCOG Board awarded $20,445,490 to 14 projects under the 2021 Regional Active Transportation Program (ATP) Combined Call for Projects (Cycle 5). At the May 2021 SJCOG Board meeting, the Board approved the assignment of fund types.
Senate Bill 1
Senate Bill 1 directs $100 million annually from the Road Maintenance and Rehabilitation Account to the ATP. When combined with other state and federal funds in the ATP, approximately $446 million will be available in ATP Cycle 5, with $223 million available in the statewide component of the program and $3,546,000 available to the SJCOG region in the separate Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) component of the program. This funding will be available in in fiscal years 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24 and 2024-25.
Regional Call for Projects
Learn more about the schedule for submittal and funding sources for these projects by clicking through the tabs below.
- Call for Projects March 16-17, 2022
- Supplemental Applications due to SJCOG June 15, 2022
- Scoring Committee Review of Applications October 2022 – February 2023
- Projects that were not awarded Statewide funds sent to MPOs March 2023
- SJCOG Staff programming recommendations March 30, 2023
- SJCOG Board adopts programming recommendations April 2023
- SJCOG Programming recommendations due to CTC May 12, 2023
- CTC adopts MPO programming recommendations June 2023
The 2023 Regional Active Transportation Program includes approximately $5,227,000 of state and federal funding sources.